Snap on Dentures – Utah Oral & Facial Surgeons, Salt Lake City, Murray
Snap On Dentures
What Is A Snap On Denture?
A Snap On Denture is a denture with snaps that connect to implants. This denture option differs from the procedure called the “All On Four” in that the denture snaps onto the implants instead of being permanently fixed to the implants. Before the day of surgery, you will have a consultation with Utah Oral & Facial Surgeons and also an appointment with your general dentist or prosthodontist in order to have x-rays, impressions and pictures taken. We will work closely with your dentist or other restorative clinician. Together, the doctors plan your surgery and process in detail from beginning to end. There are several options regarding a snap on denture. For instance, the number of snaps and implants, the type of denture and if it covers the roof of your mouth, and your overall preferences about the outcome. All of this is discussed with proper consultation.
What happens in the procedure?
- You are comfortably sedated. After you are sedated you are also numbed to ensure your comfort after surgery.
- All or remaining teeth are extracted.
- Alveoplasty is performed. The bone is reduced to the millimeter needed. This assures that there will be the proper height for the denture so that your smile line will be perfect. Without this very important surgical procedure you could end up with an undesirable line showing in the area where the natural gums meet the artificial ones. This can look unnatural and strange.
- Using modern technology of cone beam xray, implants are placed in the best possible position.
- The immediate denture that has been made ahead of time will be placed, but not snapped on to the implants. The implants must heal for about 6 months, then the snaps can be placed.
- Slip. Move. Even fall out! Messy adhesives and creams.
- Uncomfortable, sometimes painful.
- Restricts what you can eat. You only have a small percentage of your natural chewing ability. Slipping and clicking.
- Many denture wearers worry all the while they are eating, or talking. Fun things like singing or other simple activities lose their enjoyment because of the concern of dentures slipping or falling out.
Snap On Dentures
- Snapped in place. Limited movement!
- You have 60% of your natural chewing ability. Enjoy food again!
- Your confidence is restored! No more worries about dentures! Eat, talk, laugh, smile, LIVE!!
- May remove to clean.
- Dental implants tackle the problem of bone loss. Because the implants are fixed into the jaw, your normal chewing stimulates bone growth.
Will I have pain or other discomforts?
- This procedure requires minimal recovery time.
- You may experience some minor pain for which you will be prescribed medication to make you comfortable.
- Some swelling and/or bruising may occur. This is relieved through icing and heat packs.
- We are just a phone call away to answer any questions or hear any concerns.
Give us a call at our Salt Lake City/Murray office for more information or to set-up a consultation